Saturday, December 1, 2007

Awesome last couple days!

So recently I travelled onwards to Franz Josef Glacier which is right by the Fox Glacier. These are two of three glaciers in the world that extend down into rainforest! I did a full day hike up the Franz Josef and had an absolutely amazing time. The blue color of the ice is absolutely stunning and I do not think that any picture could capture it accurately. The scariest part is walking through tight crevasses where your body barely sneaks through and the floor below you could fall out should the crevass open wider...
Moving on, I continued down through the Mt Aspiring National Park (which is spectacular) and made it into Queenstown. Today I did my first ever bungee jump and to say the least, Im hooked! It was so much fun! I may do another should there be enough funds and time available towards the end of my trip!
Tomorrow I am off to Te Anau and then I begin the Kepler track the day after that. I cant wait to see you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We sure are looking forward to your coming home. Have a safe last week!

XO
mu,