Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Last Few Days

I only have 3 more nights in beautiful New Zealand before I am off on my epic flight home. I am in the city of Christchurch on the east coast of the south island and its the first big city I have seen in a month! It really beautiful and little bit less touristy than Queenstown, the city I was last in. At the center of town is an old cathedral from which the rest of the town radiates outwards. This city feels like a mix of a small European city and Auckland.
I am staying in a womens hostel called Frauenreisenhaus; and yes, there are a lot of german girls here. One thing I am looking forward to at home is waking up of my own accord. This morning I had one of the most torturous wake up calls yet. The girl below woke up at 6 am packed for a while and went back to sleep. Then woke up at 7 am and proceded to pack every piece of clothing into a plastic meticulously before slowing placing it in her bag. This continued for roughly 1.5 hours and then I left before I exploded. Screw water torture, try bag crinkly early morning torture. Ok, so Im being a little melodramatic, but seriously!
Moving on, I will be home on Saturday night at some late-ish time, so I will see you all hopefully this Sunday. How crazy does that sound! Peace,

Alex

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coming home to your own bed is always the best ending to a long trip.

XO Mum