Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Derby and Nelson


So its been a little while since the last update and actually quite a lot has happened. I have finished my semester, I had my last roller derby game, and I am not on the Southern Island of New Zealand. The last roller derby game was Mascara Massacre versus the Blackheart Bruisers and it was going to be a tough game. I got to be jammer every fourth jam and was also blocker 3. It was a ridiculously tight game in the beginning but Mascara Massacre ended up winning! The whole bout was incredibly messy with lots of elbows and fouls, but we still won and thats all that matters in the end.
Two days after that I took a flight to Nelson and had the strangest flying experience of my life. I never showed any ID, I never walked through a metal detector, I never even had my carry on luggage scanned... It was like walking onto a bus basically. We ended up flying mostly over the ocean which was absolutely gorgeous. Nelson is a smallest town with about 64,000 people and tons of cyclists! Yesterday, I borrowed an old Bianchi Avenue from the hostel I am staying at (which is called The Bug and I would highly recommend to anyone in the area!) and went for a 2 hour cruise around the area.
Pictures say more than my words, so here ya go!

Mascara!


The car that picks you up from the airport!


Tahunanui Beach


Old Bridge on a pipeline.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i cant wait for you to get home. its been too long :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your win. I just got your postcard in the mail. Very cool picture. Good to hear you're getting some biking in (on an Avenue no less) on your traveling adventure.